Robber Burnt To Death At Aflao
Persistent theft of motorbikes in the Volta Region has sent a man in his 20s - known as Jerry Hodo - to his grave at Aveyiborme, near Korpeyia, Aflao, in the Ketu South District.
Until his untimely death, Jerry was said to have been a hardened criminal.
On Friday July 19, 2014, there was a wake-keeping at Aveyiborme in the Aflao Traditional Area, which Jerry and his gang allegedly attended.
After a short while, a motorbike said to be owned by a certain pastor got missing, and all efforts to trace its whereabouts proved futile.
A certain man, who was initially suspected, was grabbed, but later mentioned Jerry as the one who was seen with the motorbike.
The following day - Saturday morning - when Jerry came to the funeral ground, a mob attacked him and later set him ablaze.
He was earlier tied to a stake before being set on fire.
The stealing of motorbikes is termed 'Agbagbor' in the area.
The mortal remains of Jerry were conveyed by the Aflao Police to the hospital.
From Kinsgley Sky, Aflao
- Regional TechCamp
- Ho Residents Commend Vodafone Foundation For Free Healthcare
- Penplusbytes, ACEP To Develop Oil And Gas Citizen’s Participatory Digital Platform
- Doctors cajole patients to join demo on Thursday
- Workers' demonstrations: WANEP warns of revolution in Ghana if...
- Traditional leaders challenged to intensify campaign on behavioural change