BM&J Holds 36th Matriculation
The Institute of Business Management and Journalism (IBM&J), an accredited journalism institution in Kumasi, last Friday organised a matriculation to officially welcome fresh students into the school.
About 115 out of 350 students were offered admission to undertake a two-year diploma studies in various courses in Journalism and Marketing.
Speaking at the official induction ceremony, the Director of the school, Mr. P. F. Owusu, said the school was undergoing a serious reform, through its affiliation with the University of Education, Winneba, in an attempt to provide world class service, and produce competent human resource for the country.
He noted that the highly competitive nature of admissions resulted in the inability of many students not getting entry into the school, stressing that it formed part of the fulfillment of the requirement of the National Accreditation Board, and the mother body, the University of Winneba.
He said the school, through its years of existence, had produced a number of media and marketing personnel spread across the length and breadth of the country.
The Director emphasised that journalism today, requires a broader range of skills than in the past, and as such, there was the need for students seeking careers in the sector to be abreast with the modern trends, and the social, economic and scientific complexities.
'In a world where technology enables anyone to become a journalist, particularly the advent of the social media, professional journalists would have to be distinguished by their ability to make sense of news, not just their skill in finding, writing or broadcasting it,' he noted.
Mr. Owusu, therefore, charged the new students to take their studies serious, in order to benefit from their financial investments.
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.
- Endless Church Activities Impoverish Christians -Spiritualist
- PH Chamber Of Commerce Advocates Policy Shift For NDDC
- Nigeria Wins Bronze At ARS Africa Championship Defeat Tanzania, Uganda In Third Place Matches
- Statement: NPP joins the people of Ghana to mourn Prof. Kofi Awoonor
- Nana Akufo-Addo mourns Prof. Awoonor's death
- NDC demands solutions from Bawumia
- Listen to audio: Learning forgiveness on the Super Morning Show
- Photos: Kenya mall shooting: Terrorised,shocked,disfigured - surviving
- Late Professor Awoonor's hometown reacts - "The development of Wheta was in his hands",
- NPP ends 'Thank You Tour'
- Remove indemnity clause from constitution - CPP Director
- NPP mourn Prof. Kofi Awoonor
- Akufo-Addo mourns Prof. Kofi Awoonor
- President Mahama mourns Prof Kofi Awoonor
- Death toll in northeast Nigeria attack up to at least 142