Family of five drowns at Prestea
Five persons said to be from the same family are feared to have drowned, after a canoe in which they were travelling capsized.
The five- a woman, her three daughters and a baby- were crossing a river to Prestea and later travel to Takwa for the Jehovah's Witness convention there.
But their canoe capsized at Sika Ne Asem in the Prestea-Huni Valley district in Western Region, drowning all five on board.
A search operation is underway for the bodies of the five persons.
However, the rising level of the river has complicated matters as the search team fears diving in to look for the bodies.
Nana Appiah an opinion leader in the area told Joy News, residents have no means to cross the river apart from using the canoe since the wooden bridge linking the village and Prestea has been washed away by flood waters.
He said they have no option than to wait for the water to recede for the search party to intensify its operation.
- USA beats Nigeria 2-1 in Brazil tune-up
- Human Rights Violation In Imo State: Release Samuelson Iwuoha Immediately
- Olejeme: Delta Politicians Strategize; Say She Is An Embodiment Of Political Excellence
- Olejeme Hails Jonathan On Appointment Of Oruh
- Nollywood Loses Top Costumier, Lizzy Ogbodo To Death
- Afoko Floored, At NPP Council Meeting
- EC Postpones Registration
- NPP presidential hopefuls to pay Gh¢85,000; primaries slated for Dec. 6
- Interrogate Rawlings' cedi redenomination claims dispassionately - policy analyst proffers
- NPP to elect presidential candidate on Dec. 6
- We Dont Need NDC T-Shirts -NPP
- Met Office warns of heavy storm in Greater Accra, Eastern and Volta regions
- 3 Die In Accra Flood
- Abuga Pele Didn't Sign For Money -Witness
- Boy, 6, Envies Mahama 'Dumsor Dumsor'