Dunkwahene Honours Outstanding Citizens
The overlord of the Dunkwa Traditional Area (DTA), Nana Obeng Nuakoh III, has honoured four individuals for their immense contribution to the socio-economic development of Dunkwa in the Central Region.
The four are; the Upper Denkyira East Municipal Commander of the Ghana Police Service, Sep. Della Dzansi, the Principal of the Nursing and Midwifery Training College, David Benjamin Sampson. The rest are the CEO of Radio Visa, Victor Gadri and Ben Amono, a private businessman and entrepreneur.
They were honoured during the recent celebration of the Dunkwa Brago Afahye festival to foster unity in the Upper Denkyira East area and promote economic and the social wellbeing of the citizens.
A citation in honour of the principal of the Nursing and Midwifery Training College said in part that “in recognition of your contribution to the development and progress of Dunkwa, your selfless and dedication to duty and above all your helping hand to anyone that calls on you for help irrespective of the one’s political or religious affiliation”.
The principal is credited with initiating reforms, which have greatly helped to improve teaching and learning at the Nursing and Midwifery Training College.
Nana Nuakoh III was also full of praises to the Municipal Police Commander for bringing crime to low levels and ensuring peace and security in the area. He thanked the recognized individuals for their service to Dunkwa and he urged them to further serve as shining examples for others to emulate.
Nana was worried that the Boa Amponsem Senior High School has since its establishment in 1960 not received any meaningful intervention from government to fully develop the school into an attractive center of learning.
He appealed to all citizens of Dunkwa to continue to have the area at heart and contribute their widow’s mite towards the development of the area for posterity’s sake.
- Ghana On Course To Tackle Climate Change
- 3 Fulani herdsmen killed in Afram Plains
- Nigeria establish two-goal CHAN advantage
- Nigerian soldiers foil suicide attack at army base
- Nigeria set to finally get government ministers
- Female suicide bombers kill 11 in NE Nigeria: police
- One party can't develop Ghana; let's end winner takes all - K. B. Asante
- Ghana and Columbia holds maiden political consultation
- Ghana News Agency to establish China-Africa Desk
- Standoff between TMA and EC officer nearly mars election
- Give support to elected representatives to the assemblies
- Bawumia is a gift from God- Ashanti Regional Chief Imam
- Ahiabu elected Presiding Member for Akatsi North
- Bawumia Storms Bekwai
- President Mahama tour