NDC propaganda secretary suspended for lying
A propaganda secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Western Region has been suspended for lying.
Mr. Lord Essien who is the Propaganda Secretary for the Ahanta West Constituency has been suspended six (6) months for accusing known NDC leaders in the region of taking bribes from a District Chief Executive (DCE).
The decision was arrived at a meeting conveyed for this purpose in the region.
Mr. Essien had alleged that four top NDC figures, Mr. Totobi Kwakye, Western Regional Minister, Paul Evans Aidoo, Western Regional Chairman, Nana Toku and former Local Government Minister, Kwasi Oppong Fosu received bribes from the Ahanta West DCE, Mr. Dofeyena.
The unspecified amounts, he said, has influenced them into being biase towards the DCE and his actions causing him, the DCE, to 'misbehave' in the district.
He made the claims when angry persons of the party in the Ahanta West Constituency locked the party's constituency office to demand that the DCE does what they deem is right.
Three other persons, who were at the forefront of the protest, were also suspended from the party for one-year within which time they cannot represent the party at any function.
- Cash-trapped PIAC faces ejection
- NHIS Grinds To A Halt In Northern Region
- Gain Raises GHS 350,000 For Local Tech Startup
- Photo of the week: Ebola's war on bush meat
- World Bank admits late Ebola response; proposes an epidemic revolving fund
- 2 robbers jailed 100 years
- 2 persons arrested with fake Goil coupons
- Car 'boot' robbers nabbed
- Boy, 9, killed by tipper truck
- 50% Of Plantain Production Goes Waste Every Week At Agogo
- ECOWAS Message on Burkina Faso Ill-timed: IMANI Ghana
- Sanitation Day: Gov't tasks Assemblies to clear waste within 48hrs
- Abuse Of Public Office For Private Gain Rife In Ghana
- Nigeria president begins re-election bid, thanking God and donors
- Woman kills man who tried to rape her