Unregistered Motorbikes, Tricycle Flood Ejura
UNREGISTERED MOTOR bikes and tricycles have flooded the streets of Ejura, the capital of the Ejura/Sekyedumasi district in the Ashanti region, without any restraint.
The riders are having a field day, as police officers turn a blind eye to them in the town, where the means of transportation in the predominantly farming community of Ejura and its environs, happen to be motor bikes and tricycles.
Unfortunately, most of the motor bikes sighted at Ejura, during a visit to the town on Tuesday, were not registered as they are rickety in nature, meaning the machines had been in use over a period of time.
Another feature of the presence of the motorbikes is that most of the riders and passengers enjoy their ride without a helmet while Tricycle motor bikes were seen overloaded with farm products and passengers in the full glare of Police officers in the area.
The Chronicle also observed that motorbikes of Honourable Assembly members, as local law makers, were unregistered.
The Ejura Municipal Police Commander, J. Annor, in an interaction with The Chronicle admitted that such illegality was rife in the region.
According to him, the area is a politically sensitive one so they (police) needed to take their time to address this canker.
The Police chief indicated that most of the riders are farmers who use their motors in their farms.
Police Officer Annor disclosed that his outfit is in talks with the Assembly to register motor bikes they allocated to their members.
He said once this had been done, the police would move and undertake an operation against unregistered bikes and other road offences in Ejura
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.
- KATH Orders Student Nurses To Pay For Consumables
- Health Minister Calls For Teaching Of Family Planning In School
- Airtel Ghana Launches Revamped Airtel Money Market
- AMA must stop 'senseless' 'naked harassment' of taxi drivers - Kwesi Pratt
- NDPC Broke! Cannot Carry Out Mandate
- Gov’t Won’t Hesitate To Use Force In Lower Manya If Persuasion Fails
- Smart Campus 2013 Commences With Web Seminars
- Don’t Misinterpret Supreme Court’s Decision—PDP Tells Amaechi
- Killing Of Students Is Inhumane—Anambra State House Of Assembly
- Nigerians Urged To Be Peace Loving
- Anambra State Lawmakers Decry Deplorable Road Construction In Anambra
- PPP will demonstrate until gov't tackles corruption – Eva Lokko
- Increase in utility tariffs will ensure stable power supply – Felix Kwakye-Ofosu
- This NDC Regime Is Full Of “Heartless” People…They’re “Crooks” And “Dangerous”
- FDA warns against use of Hitman condoms