Uwajumogu Tasks Churches On Unity, Tolerance
The Speaker, Imo state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Benjamin Uwajumogu, has called on religious organizations in the South East zone of the country to work in harmony among themselves to spearhead the preaching of unity, peace and tolerance to the people.
Rt. Hon. Uwajumogu, who stated this at his Umuihi Country home in Ihitte-Uboma council area, while addressing a cross-section of religious leaders during the event to mark his 49thbirthday anniversary, also urged them to always inculcate in their adherents the spirit of oneness and patriotism, stressing that such were the ingredients needed by the zone to chart a better course for the people.
He charged Ndigbo to see themselves as their brother's keeper, pointing out that this was the better time for Ndigbo to come together, against any party or religious affiliation and key into the Igbo agenda.
According to him, 'Ndigbo should be encouraged by all relevant stakeholders in the zone to properly key into the Igbo developmental protect. For us to occupy our pride of place in this country, we must unite and tolerate one another, against any political or religious ideology. There is no better time to achieve this than now', he maintained.
The Speaker further urged well-meaning Igbo sons and daughters to come home and develop the region through the establishment of viable business ventures to create employment for our teaming youths.
He also cautioned the youths against taking after crime as the only alternative means of livelihood and advised them to always look inward and put to proper use, their God given potentials to benefit themselves, as well as the general public.
He said: 'In Igboland, we so much believe in hard work and it has been paying off for us. All we are asking is that our sons and daughters whom God has blessed in different sectors of life should please identify with the people at home, so that together, we can curb various social vices associated with unemployment. Our youths should also help themselves by engaging into other meaningful ventures in order to stay away from crime', he advised.
- Olejeme Is Our Choice, Say Urhobo Leaders
- Occupy Flagstaff House Demonstrators target parliament
- Incredible!!!…Prez Mahama Has Turned Flagstaff House Into A Dumping Ground – K Duncan
- Slow down Constitution Review process - IEA advices gov't
- Akufo-Addo raises red flag about electoral register
- The pill is bitter but be patient - Malor appeals to Ghanaians
- I Don't Think The NDC Are Learning… - Kweku Baako Jnr.
- Gov't procures loan to fund free sanitary pads for school girls
- Organised Labour Threatens Demo Or Strike
- Cash and carry yet to be in full swing in mission hospitals
- Ghana's Police-Population ratio improves
- 'You have no idea what girls go through' - Education Minister disappointed with reaction to free sanitary pads
- East Akyem Municipality Progresses In Fight Against Illegal Mining
- Black Stars World Cup Campaign Was Corrupt—Minority
- Transformation In Rivers Education Sector Enormous....Abe