Sir John faces Vickyleaks Committee today
New Patriotic Party (NPP) General Secretary, Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, will later Monday appear before the 'Vickyleaks' Committee to respond to a petition he filed asking the Chief Justice to look into allegations of influence in the outcome of the 2012 Presidential Election Petition case.
DAILY GUIDE sources within the Judicial Service stated that Sir John's appearance was for him to clearly state the case in the petition he filed with the Committee.
The Justice Samuel Kofi Date-Baah Committee, set up by the Chief Justice, Justice Georgina Wood, is investigating claims that the Gender, Children and Social Protection Minister, Nana Oye Lithur, may have influenced the election petition verdict.
The nine Supreme Court Judges who sat on the Election Petition case unanimously dismissed the petition, which was brought to the court by the NPP and confirmed President John Mahama as the President of Ghana.
The claims of influence in the election petition outcome were made by dismissed Deputy Communications Minister, Victoria Lashmi Hamah in a secret recording leaked by her driver.
Ms. Hamah, in the tape specifically indicated that the night before the Supreme Court election petition panel delivered their final judgement, the Minister of Children, Gender and Social Protection, Nana Oye-Lithur, went to 'see' some of the Justices.
Mr Afriyie, popularly called Sir John, was summoned before the Committee last week to answer questions on his petition to the Committee, but he could not honour the invitation because he was not in town.
Sir John had stated earlier that “we, as a party, are ever ready and prepared to appear before her Ladyship's Committee to help resolve some of the issues that they may want to deal with”.
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.
- Rawlings has criticized virtually everybody except himself
- Sir John Meets Vikileaks C’ttee Today
- Future Pensioners Club Attacks SSNIT Over Reckless Spendings
- Contempt! As Fortiz Announces Board?
- Just Contribute And Shut Up… Tony Lithur Tells SSNIT Contributors
- Ibadan University Female Student Wins Money Laundering Speech Contest
- PWDs should have free NHIS - Andrew Okaikoi reiterates
- If we strike, blame Fair Wages Commission, GMA warns
- PURC hints of tariffs hikes in January
- Staff of GRA worried about inadequate staff strength
- Kalyppo promotes creativity among children
- Teshie Peniel Presby Church marks Silver Jubilee
- Airtel Rewards Excellence, Outstanding Performance
- Court Can’t Sack Defecting Governors, Says Ex-New PDP Spokesman
- Nigeria marks 100 years of amalgamation