Otiko Afisah Djaba Thanks NPP Delegates
Re-elected National Women’s Organizer of the NPP, Otiko Afisah Djaba, has extended words of appreciation to Delegates of the NPP, for electing her for another four year term.
Speaking to the Media, soon after being declared winner in a keenly competed contest, Madam Otiko Djaba said she was humbled at the huge confidence reposed in her, to lead the women’s wing of the NPP to Victory 2016.
The only one of the old Executives to be re-elected to office, Otiko said her victory was indicative of how much the Party was appreciative of her hard work in the past, as well as her campaign message, which was to complete an unfinished business. She polled 276 votes to beat her close competitors, Tina Mensah and Mawusi Awiti, who polled 250 and 113 votes respectively.
The re-elected NPP women’s leader used the opportunity to congratulate her fellow contestants for pursuing a clean campaign, and invited them on-board to help work towards victory for the NPP in 2016.
She also used the opportunity to congratulate delegates, members, supporters and sympathizers of the NPP, for contributing in diverse ways, in ensuring a peaceful and successful National Delegates Conference.
Otiko Djaba promised to apply her knowledge and experience acquired over the years, to even better, steer the affairs of her office, and foster unity within the women’s wing, and the Party as a whole, to ensure victory for the NPP come 2016.
The New Patriotic Party on April 12th 2014, held its 16th Special National Delegates Conference in the Northern Regional Capital of Tamale, to elect National Executive Officers, to steer the affairs of the Party, for a four year term.
The Conference which was held under the theme: Our Roots, “Our Strength, Our Future”, was also used to honour leading figures of Party, including Mr. C. K. Tedam-founding Member and Chairman of the Elections Committee of the Party, and H.E Alhaji Aliu Mahama-former Vice-President of Ghana under H.E John Agyekum Kufuor’s Administration.
The event which was held at the Tamale Sports Stadium, witnessed the rejection of all former National Executives who run for re-election, except Otiko Afisah Djaba, who retained her position as National Women’s Organiser.
Other National Executives Officers including Jake Obetsebi Lamptey-former National Chairman, Kwodjo Owusu Afriyie (a.k.a. Sir John)-former General Secretary, Alhaji Moctar Bamba- former National Organiser, and Esther Ofori-former National Treasurer, were all overwhelmingly rejected by the about 5200 delegates present.
- NPP Boos Asiedu Nketia With 'Kwasia Bi Nti'
- Change in leadership is cosmetic without unity - Nyaho Tamakloe
- Fear Delegates Not Ghosts—Sir John Warns
- Afoko Denies Doing Alan’s Bidding
- Vindictive Afoko, Agyepong Will Cause NPP’s Downfall
- Otiko Djaba thanks NPP Delegates
- Alan congratulates NPP national officers
- Document on national conference on economy with Government
- Absenteeism and lateness to work reduced in Upper East
- EC cautions against double registration ahead of District Level Elections
- Regional Strategic Plan for Upper East in the offing
- I am Retiring To My Holy Village – Sir John
- NPP fails to recognize Kufuor's contributions - Kwadwo Mpiani
- NDC group congratulates NPP
- Don't Sign EPA-Christian Council Urges Mahama