KMA, Lands Commission Dispute Settled
Hostility between the two institutions began on Thursday when the Lands Commission destroyed an iron fence the KMA had constructed to demarcate a land in Kumasi.
The KMA wants to develop the said land, which is located opposite the Golden Tulip, Kumasi, into a modern recreational park.
But the KMA's hopes were dashed temporarily after the Lands Commission ordered the destruction of the iron fence on the land.
The development created tension between the KMA and the Lands Commission until Hon. Eric Opoku's intervention on Friday.
Francis Dodovi, Spokesperson of the Ashanti Regional Minister, told DAILY GUIDE that the minister met officials of KMA and the Lands Commission at the Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) on Friday where the impasse was resolved.
Another meeting between the KMA and the Lands Commission, which is an initiative of Hon. Opoku, would be held on Tuesday, Dodovi indicated.
He said the National Board Chairman of the Land Commission and other top officials would take part in the next meeting.
Explaining further, Dodovi said the land under contention had been earmarked for construction of the helipad for the RCC.
The KMA, he noted, had decided to develop the land into a modern recreational center with several amenities for public use.
He said the KMA recently fenced the land as part of plans to commence the project.
Dodovi said on Thursday some men, who claimed to be acting on the orders of the Lands Commission, destroyed the fence.
Dodovi said Thursday's meeting at the RCC was peaceful, stressing that the parties wanted to avoid acrimony.
He said the minister, during the meeting, called for the erection of the iron fence to facilitate the smooth execution of the project.
Present at the meeting were the KMA Coordinating Director, Solomon Asiedu and the Regional Lands Commission Chairman, Frank Osei Mensah.
Deputy Ashanti Regional Minister, Samuel Yaw Adusei and officials of the Ashanti Regional Lands Commission were also in attendance.
FROM I.F. Joe Awuah Jnr., Kumasi
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.
- IEA Calls For Independent NPDC
- Profile Of Prof. Awoono
- Book On Customary Land Law Launched
- GRNA Wants FWSC To Review Pay Levels Of Nurses, Midwives
- BM&J Holds 36th Matriculation
- Endless Church Activities Impoverish Christians -Spiritualist
- PH Chamber Of Commerce Advocates Policy Shift For NDDC
- Nigeria Wins Bronze At ARS Africa Championship Defeat Tanzania, Uganda In Third Place Matches
- Statement: NPP joins the people of Ghana to mourn Prof. Kofi Awoonor
- Nana Akufo-Addo mourns Prof. Awoonor's death
- NDC demands solutions from Bawumia
- Listen to audio: Learning forgiveness on the Super Morning Show
- Photos: Kenya mall shooting: Terrorised,shocked,disfigured - surviving
- Late Professor Awoonor's hometown reacts - "The development of Wheta was in his hands",
- NPP ends 'Thank You Tour'