US Urges Ghana To Invest In Vocational Skills Training
The US Ambassador to Ghana ,His Excellency Gene Crutz has urged government to invest more in Vocational and skills training in order to help solve the unemployment problems facing the country.He said this would also help provide the necessary human capital for the transformation of the Ghanaian economy.
His Excellency Gene Crutz said this during the sod cutting ceremony of a Fish Farming project financed by the American Embassy at South-Senchi in the Asuogyaman district of the Eastern Region.
According to him, the importance of vocational training in fixing the unemployment gap in a developing economy cannot be overemphasized hence the need for African leaders to focus on that.
The US Ambassador pledged the US government's commitment to support Ghana in given the youth the requisite skills needed to be self employed and employable .
He further urged beneficiaries to make good use of such opportunities since it is the latest vacant positions in most work places.
The Co-coordinator of Akosombo Technical\Vocational Institute, Mr. Francis Darkey, commended the American Embassy for assisting the institute in coming out with such an initiative to help train the youth in various skills development such as fish farming,catering,batik, and automobile engineering.
He implored parents and guardians to have interest in technical and vocational education since most small and medium enterprises are in need of such human capital.
Mr. Darkey, however, lamented that the youth in the area were reluctant to take advantage of the Institute to shape their future.
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.
- University Of Ghana Slams Tolls On Users Of Its Roads
- University of Ghana introduces new road tolls
- Completion Date Of Ghana Gas Project Extended
- Chief Justice transfers Freko suit against KMA
- Most Ghanaian magistrates are corrupt - Tony Aidoo
- Ho Central MP commits over GHc570, 000 into dev't projects
- Education Coalition urges national debate on the future of feeding grant
- NIGERIAN MUSICIAN DUNCAN MIGHTY DROPS NEW VIDEO ENTITLED, “MADIBA MANDELA”
- Rivers PDP Applauds Ogonis On Peaceful March Against Sen. Abe’s Claim Of Shooting
- Ogoni Protests Sen Abe’s Shooting Claim, Pass Vote Of Confidence On Rivers Police Commissioner
- Five in northern Nigeria charged with forming gay club
- Video: TB Joshua Predicts Alhaji Tukur’s Fall
- Nigeria: Halt Homophobic Witch-Hunt Under Oppressive New Law
- Nigeria should 'explore all options to tackle Boko Haram'
- Nigerian Sharia enforcers emboldened by anti-gay marriage law