Airtel Celebrates Nigerian Women In New Stage Play
Lagos, Nigeria; Monday, May 26th, 2014:In furtherance of its commitment to becoming the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians, leading telecommunications operator, Airtel Nigeria,has thrown its weight behindHear Word!,a collection of enthralling theatrical production featuring stories, spoken words and songs, which celebrate the potentials of the Nigerian woman.
Hear Word is an exhilarating performance art production, combining artistry, social commentary and true life stories of transformation to showcase true stories from 20 different Nigerian women.
Featuring some of Nigeria's renowned stars in theatre such as Taiwo Ajai-Lycett, Joke Silva, Kate Henshaw, Bimbo Akintola, Ireti Doyle andDakore Egbuson, Hear Word presents an intimate view into the lives of women from all walks of life as the monologues shine a light on the hidden part of each woman's soul.
Commenting on Airtel's support for the stage play, Maurice Newa, Chief Commercial Officer, said it is a reflectionof the company's commitment towards supporting Arts, culture and other platforms that cements its position as the most loved brand in the lives of Nigerians-beyond delivering exceptional telecommunications services.
'We are delighted to be partners on this laudable project which seeks to celebrate the undoubted potentials among our women folk. Airtel is committed to supporting programmes that empowers and celebrate women, also highlighting our core values as members of the Nigerian society.,' he said.
Directed by Ifeoma Fafunwa, a professional creative director with over 20-years' experience in creative production across United States of America, the United Kingdom and Nigeria, Hear Word will be performed on the 30th of Mayat the Muson Centre with expected attendees running into several thousands of persons. It will also be performed in the FCT, Abuja before making a trip across the border to Ghana.
- At least 33 dead in Nigerian police, military base raid: source
- Let's stop breaking the hearts of Ghanaians -Sammy Awuku to NPP
- Back Off! NPP Boss Warns Aspirants
- Akufo-Addo distances himself from campaigns to run unopposed
- Blame JHS Ministers For Hardship
- Ledzokuku NDC Wants Oye Lithur Stopped In Her Tracks!
- NDC Fingered In HFC Takeover
- Users of electricity to suffer more unannounced outages
- Kyekyerewere: Owner of collapsed mine ordered to protect concession
- Sudanese woman facing death for apostasy gives birth
- Work Commences On Routine Maintenance Of Trunk Roads In Ashanti Region
- We Don’t Know When ‘Dumsor’ Will End—VRA
- Three Fallen UN Peacekeepers From Ghana To Be Honoured
- Woman stoned to death by family for marrying man she loved
- Accra Psychiatric Hospital nurses demonstrate over non-availability of drugs