Over 30 deputy Ministers still not in government accommodation
More than 30 deputy ministers of state are yet to be housed 10 months after they took office, deputy minister for Water Resources, Works and Housing has said.
According to Samson Ahi who is also officially homeless, government is yet to provide official accommodation for them,
They add up to the over 300 public officials also eligible for official accommodation who are yet to receive it.
'We still facing accommodation challenges, the available facilities have been distributed to ministers, but there are quite a number of ministers who will not have it', he said.
The Water Resources Works and Housing Ministry has blamed its inability to meet the needs on what they describe as the poor handling of the Accra Redevelopment Project which involved the sale of government bungalows.
Samson Ahi has been accusing the erstwhile NPP administration for selling off government property to party members and cronies.
But a former minister Hackman Owusu Agyemang of the Kufour-era has dismissed these claims.
Deputy Minister for Water Resources, Works and Housing, Samson Ahi tells Joynews they are frustrated by the plight of the public officials and ministers
'For deputy ministers, I can count not less than 30 who will not have a place', he revealed.
He said the ministry will be advising cabinet to scrap the redevelopment plan as soon as possible.
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.
- Western Security Declares War On Galamsey
- Tinubu, APC Leaders Woo Governor Lamido To APC
- Ghana is not 3rd most corrupt country - Gov't
- I'm yet to see political leadership in fighting corruption - Bagbin
- Mahama must be held responsible for corruption increase- Appiah Ofori
- Society makes politicians corrupt - NPP MP asserts
- Do something, Ghanaians are suffering - Yvonne Nelson tells Prez Mahama
- Mahama Must Resign Over Widespread Corruption – Sir John
- Bagbin lied; he is an enemy within - Stan Dogbe suggests
- Laine' Services ranked 34th in Ghana club 100 ranking
- Nana Nketsia cannot be holier than the Pope - Twum Boafo
- Second-hand clothes dealer wins CAL Bank promo house
- Prince Baako Gains Support As NPP Vice Chair Race Thickens
- Free cash at Otabil's church
- Organised labour, PURC to dialogue; government welcomes move